As requested here’s an easy Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. As you’re on lockdown and can’t go out, this will be a lovely family activity. My easy choc chip cookie is yummy and the best thing- takes less than 30minutes from prep to finish!!
1 cup(228g) softened butter/ margarine
1 cup white sugar
Half cup brown sugar
3 cups all- purpose flour (pastry flour in Ghana)
1 tablespoon vanilla flavour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons milk powder (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips ( Alternately,you can use pieces of our lovely Golden Tree chocolate)
2 tablespoon corn flour( optional for extra crunchy cookies)
A pinch of salt ( if unsalted butter is used)
Measuring cups and spoons
Baking paper ( Optional)
Hand mixer (Very optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius (375 F)
2. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients
3. In another bowl, mix softened butter and sugar until well mixed( with a hand mixer or spatula) gently scraping the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add eggs, one after the other until fluffy.
Add vanilla essence or flavour
4. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients a little at a time with a spatula.
Mixture will now come together and look somewhat like gari (when water is added to be eaten with stew. Not too sticky and just right.Hahaha 😂😂😂)
5. Lastly, add chocolate chips. You can use your hands at this point.
6. Lightly grease a baking sheet. If baking paper will be used, there’s no need to grease
7. Size up dough mixture by using an ice cream scoop for even sizes. I usually just use two tablespoons as a portion. Roll into a ball and place on baking sheet.
Remember to space them up well on the baking sheet as the ball of dough will flatten when baking
Extra toppings: If you’re feeling extra bougie, you can top with M&Ms for colour. 🤩 I’m sure the kids will love this.
8. Bake for 10minutes and remove from oven
9. Leave cookies on baking sheet after removal from oven for an additional 5minutes for heat to continue baking process
Additional toppings: Nuts( peanut, walnuts), raisins, M&Ms
Storage: In an airtight container to retain freshness.
The dough mixture can be stored frozen for several weeks. To use: Just thaw and roll into balls and bake
Dont be tempted to reduce the amount of sugar drastically. Sugar serves as both a binding agent and a source of moisture. Just don’t! I’ve been there several times and I was left dismayed 🙈😅😅